OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Friday 23 September 2011

CORDOBA'S CUIRASSIERS

To give myself a change from painting 1/32 figures, I decided to return to my 1/72 Thirty Years War project, building the armies listed in Guthrie, to refight The Batttle of Wimpfen. I have been wondering how to base the figures, and in the end plumped for Gush's WRG Renaissance, which always provide a really fun game.

Here are the most recently finished figures, Imperial Spanish Cuirassiers

I usually finish the bases en masse at the end of painting, and am still wondering how to do it (a dark brown flock with dead winter static grass would be suitably gloomy for this terrible conflict)

The horses are Tumbling Dice, and the riders Revell with the odd Mars officer.

3 comments:

  1. Stout fellows indeed...
    Tell us more of the great work.
    BYW did you watch the BBC prog on William Dobson- it was fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Where did you get that many revell cavalry figs!!! That´s one excellent cavalry unit.
    Whatever should you paint next..I love to see a 1/72nd Arthurian army...
    Cheers
    paul
    PS..thanks for following my blog..I´ll give you a shout tomorrow when I post next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chaps. Paul, I am trying to comment on your site but with no luck. Bear with me, I am not being rude....
    cheers Mike

    ReplyDelete