OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Wednesday 22 August 2012

ONE RING TO RULE THEM AND FROM THEIR BLOGS KEEP THEM

Gently prodded into action by Alfront, I had better explain my absence  from the world of blogging. A number of factors have kept me from the screen, none of them serious but all combining to use up my limited time. Firstly our camera has been misbehaving, so pictures seem to be dull and grainy (perhaps like my painting) and it has been decided that we need a new one when funds allow. Primarily, my oldest lad Robin, has gone Lord of the Rings mad (huzzah) so I have been browsing ebay a good deal to pick up some very reasonable lots of suitable figures for him. This project has also resulted in rekindling my own interests in fantasy modelling and I am currently painting a batch of old Minifigs elves. Next week we are down on The Lizard holidaying, so, all being well I will post on our return.

5 comments:

  1. Well, that's a good reason! The power of a Hobbit (aka small boy) is not to be resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old minifig elves are well worth waiting to see.Good to have you back and glad you are passing on the lOTR torch to the next generation.Have a super holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is an intelligent boy!
    for the figures, Games Workshop do some beautiful ones, and the MITHRIL ones are uncommon, both could be found on e-bay for good prices (less than on the official shops!)
    You can see some of them on my blog, they are the only 28mm that I paint!

    I don't know how Minifigs are, I will do a quick search on Gogool !
    (I hope that I will see soon some pictures from your new camera )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing what you do with the LOTR figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nominated you for a Leibster Award ,well done!
    best wishes
    Alan
    Army Red/White Blogspot

    ReplyDelete