OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Saturday 23 March 2013

THREE SONS

Just popping back for a quick post. Sorry it's been so quiet on the Mercurius front recently. I have been concentrating on painting fantasy stuff for my other blog here , and getting some Oldhammer figures painted. I did slap some paint on some 54mm ECW figures last night, so hopefully will be able to show those here soon. 

A few days ago, Robin, my oldest lad (10) roped me into a fantasy battle he had set up in his bedroom, using his own fun rules and figures, all painted himself. A couple of turns in, his brothers turned up eager to participate in moving figures and dice rolling and for 40 minutes or so we had a really enjoyable time with all the youngsters attention held, not bad for Arthur 6, who is not so bonkers about soldiers as Robin , and George who at 3 mainly likes bashing things.


The lego tower holds a goblin hanglider by the way.  Arthur and myself were the diseased minions of the chaos god Nurgle, and Robin and George were brutish orc marauders.



2 comments:

  1. Glad the 54mm stuff is restarting too.I have some 54mms on the worktable as I write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy band! There's nothing better than growing your own wargamers!

    ReplyDelete