OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Tuesday 26 November 2013

KING OF AQUILONIA

Just finished this figure which was very quick to paint being chiefly black and gold. A very old Ral Partha miniature which I am using as Conan one he has become king of Aquilonia. I like the leg armour on the horse.
'...Conan's armor of black platemail, with the vizored salade and the dark plumes nodding over a wivern crest. Over all they put the silken surcoat with the royal lion worked in gold upon the breast and they girt him with a broad gold buckled belt which supported a jewel hilted broadsword in a cloth of gold scabbard.' (Conan the Conqueror).

The Black Dragon cavalry are on the varnishing block as I write.

Having set my oldest son Robin on the road to penury and madness by getting him into playing with little soldiers, I have now started the initiation of my next 2 sons Arthur and George. Arthur has been keenly painting 1/72 plastics from a variety of manufacturers and set up his first little battle the other day


The board has seen better days, so I had better knock him up another soon. Note the home made troll, now painted centre right.


3 comments:

  1. The troll is absolutely brilliant! Actually, it has something of the balrog about it. You are quite right, you have, probably, set your offspring on the road to madness and penury. Many moons ago, I bought my son a packet of orcs - the rest, is, of course, history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the baton handed onto the next generation.On the road to the best kind of penury and madness I say. I see one of those wee wooden houses which I think are so versatile in the picture.Troll is amazing !

    ReplyDelete