OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Sunday 14 June 2015

SIR WILLIAM WALLER'S REGIMENT OF (DISMOUNTED) DRAGOONS

Finished these chaps which I had ready for painting as shown here. Waller's Dragoons had a strong Scottish influence with many professional officers serving in the ranks.



Here we have commanding officer James Strachan who was killed at Lansdown. His brother Archbald took over command.




A mix of figures, this chap is my favourite from Maros Models (sadly oop). I really like the cabasset helmet and detail on the flintlock firing mechanism.


I painted them with red coats as I hope to use them for later skirmishes around Bath when dragoons of the New Model Army successfully attacked the South gate.


1 comment:

  1. Great looking figures.Are we to see them in action soon and with what rules?
    Alan

    ReplyDelete